|Spiral pasta||8 Ounce|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 Small, chopped to make about 3/4 cup|
|Pesto||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or According To Taste)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||4 Dash (Few Dashes)|
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse thoroughly to cool.
2. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, place red peppers, pesto, olive, mayonnaise and pepper.
4. Add pasta and toss to coat well.
5. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
6. When ready to serve, you may need to add a little additional mayonnaise.
7. Arrange the salad into individual serving plates and divide the pasta equally among each serving.
8. This makes an excellent appetizer.
To cook macaroni properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent macaroni from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.