Classic Alfredo Sauce
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, heat butter and cream; cook over medium heat until mixture is hot and butter melts.
2. Reduce heat to low; add cheese and cook until melted and smooth, stirring constantly.
3. The sauce is rich and delicious, and easy to make.
4. It is most commonly used to prepare pasta like Fettuccini Alfredo
5. It also goes well with light meats, like chicken and shrimp and even used on vegetables, preferably steamed: broccoli, carrots or peas.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3175 Calories from Fat 2669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 301 g462.8%
Saturated Fat 193.2 g965.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 997.2 mg332.4%
Sodium 2502.5 mg104.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 61 g122.8%
Vitamin A 98.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 196.9% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet