Breakfast Polenta With Mascarpone And Maple Syrup
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Polenta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pure maple syrup||2 Tablespoon (Use As Needed)|
|Mascarpone cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Plenty)|
1. Heat a large saucepan and bring the water to a boil.
2. Immediately, add in the polenta and salt. Whisk well, do not let it form granules.
3. Lower the heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently until it turns thick and velvety for at least 45 minutes.
4. If the polenta is too thick, add more water. And there is no such thing as overcooking the polenta. It just gets smoother and smoother. The chef's grandmother used to keep adding water and cook it for hours. Take a hint y'all.
5. Spoon the polenta into bowls and top it generously with marscapone and maple syrup. Serve in bed with a big spoon.
Pour any leftover polenta into a well-oiled pan. Refrigerate and re-heat or grill in slices.
Image Courtesy: frivolouskate.blogspot.com