Italian Sausage Kebabs
|Sweet italian sausages||4|
|Hot italian sausages||4|
|Onions||12 Small, peeled|
|Red pepper||1 Large, cut in eighths|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut in eighths|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (As Needed)|
|Dinner rolls/Italian bread - 2 small loaves||6 (Crusty)|
1. In a large saucepan, boil 1 cup water.
2. Add sausages; lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 1/2 an hour.
3. Immediately drain and keep aside.
4. In another saucepan, boil 1 cup water and simmer onion for 5 minutes.
5. Add red and green pepper; simmer for another 2 minutes.
6. Immediately drain and cool.
7. Diagonally cut sausages into thirds.
8. Adjust grill height to 6 inches from prepared coals.
9. On 6 long skewers, alternately thread sausage with pepper and onions.
10. Place the skewers over the grill, grill kebabs over low coals for about 5 minutes on each side; turn once and brush frequently with barbeque sauce.
11. Garnish with parsley.
12. Serve inside rolls, split, or Italian bread or simply heated in foil on grill.
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.9 mg10.6%
Sodium 747.1 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 156.5%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet