Italian Sausage Kebabs
|Sweet italian sausages||4|
|Hot italian sausages||4|
|Onions||12 Small, peeled|
|Red pepper||1 Large, cut in eighths|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut in eighths|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (As Needed)|
|Dinner rolls/Italian bread - 2 small loaves||6 (Crusty)|
1. In a large saucepan, boil 1 cup water.
2. Add sausages; lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 1/2 an hour.
3. Immediately drain and keep aside.
4. In another saucepan, boil 1 cup water and simmer onion for 5 minutes.
5. Add red and green pepper; simmer for another 2 minutes.
6. Immediately drain and cool.
7. Diagonally cut sausages into thirds.
8. Adjust grill height to 6 inches from prepared coals.
9. On 6 long skewers, alternately thread sausage with pepper and onions.
10. Place the skewers over the grill, grill kebabs over low coals for about 5 minutes on each side; turn once and brush frequently with barbeque sauce.
11. Garnish with parsley.
12. Serve inside rolls, split, or Italian bread or simply heated in foil on grill.