Italian Style Fish Casserole
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, chopped (1 Can, 400 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Green pepper||1 Small, deseeded and sliced|
|Yellow pepper||1 Small, deseeded and sliced|
|Fresh thyme||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cod||1 Pound, skinned, boned and diced (450 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh basil sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Clean the cod thoroughly.
2) In a large saucepan, place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, sliced peppers, bay leaves and thyme.
3) Let the ingredeints boil, cover the panand simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Add the diced fish and let it simmer gently.
5) Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, until the fish is fully cooked.
6) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve the fish casserole at immediately with basil sprigs, accompanied by boiled rice or pasta.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 703 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.1 mg65%
Sodium 1176.7 mg49%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.8%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 94 g187.9%
Vitamin A 83.5% Vitamin C 667%
Calcium 37.5% Iron 63.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet