Antipasto Style Vegetable Platter
|For marinated artichoke hearts:|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||18 Ounce (2 Packages, 9 Ounce Each)|
|Herb garlic salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs), well chilled (Bottled)|
|For mushroom-and-olive relish:|
|Medium mushrooms||1 Pound (Fresh)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion and juice||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Pimento stuffed olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pitted black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), washed|
|For mixed-vegetable relish|
|Cauliflower head||1⁄2 Small, cut in flowerets and sliced|
|Carrots||2 , cut in 2-inch strips|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut in 1-inch pieces to make 1 cup|
|Green pepper||1 , cut in 2-inch strips|
|Pimientos||4 Ounce, drained, cut in strips (1 Jar)|
|Green olives||3 Ounce, pitted, drained (1 Jar)|
|Wine vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Prepare Mushroom-and-Olive Relish, Mixed-Vegetable Relish and Marinated Artichoke Hearts a day before making this dish.
2) To prepare marinated follow package directions to cook artichoke.
3) Drain well.
4) Transfer into a large shallow dish to cool completely.
5) Pour salad dressing over artichokes and toss.
6) Refrigerate overnight to chill.
7) To prepare Mushroom-and-Olive Relish wash and pat dry mushrooms. Trim the stems. Leave it intact.
8) In a large saucepan add mushrooms with 2 cups water.
9) Boil, decrease heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
10) Drain out from water.
11) Arrange in large, shallow baking dish.
12) In another bowl mix rest of ingredients except black olives and tomatoes. Mix well.
13) Pour it over mushrooms.
14) Cover and refrigerate, stirring gently in between for at least 12 hours.
15) Add black olives and cherry tomatoes.
16) To make Mixed Vegetable Relish, in a large skillet add all ingredients. Mix together.
17) Bring to boil stirring occasionally.
18) Decrease heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
19) Chill well. Drain before serving.
20) On a large chilled platter, arrange vegetables in rows and serve.