Italian Chicken Dinner
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated bread sticks||11 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Breaded chicken patties||24 Ounce, frozen (1 Package)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fontina cheese slice||2|
|Spaghetti sauce with mushrooms and tomato chunks||8 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Red peppers||1 Medium|
|Lemon sherbet||1 Pint|
|Frozen italian green beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Packaged anisette cookies||250 Gram|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) In a 5-quart kettle, boil 3 quarts of water with 1 teaspoon salt.
3) Unwrap and unroll the bread stick dough. Tie each into a knot. Place the dough on an ungreased cookie tray.
4) Mix garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil. Brush the knots with the mixture. Bake the dough for 12 minutes or till they turn golden.
5) Place the chicken patties on a cookie tray. Sprinkle oregano on top. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cut the cheese slice into 2 traingles.
6) In a small saucepan over medium flame heat the spaghetti sauce.
7) Sprinkle the knots with parmesan cheese. Arrange them on a napkin-lined basket. Keep warm.
8) Slice the onions. Discard the stem, ribs and seeds from the pepper and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
9) Cook the fusili or spaghetti in a pot of boiling water, as per its packet instructions. Drain.
10) Take four dessert dishes and scoop the lemon sherbet into into them. Freeze till serving time.
11) In a skillet, heat the oil over medium flame. Saute the onions and red peppers. Cook for 2 minutes. Mix in the beans, basil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook covered for 5 minutes. Stir in between.
12) Plate the pasta. Pour 3/4 the amount of spaghetti sauce. Place the baked chicken patties on top. Place a slice of cheese on top of each.
13) Garnish the top with parsley.
14) Plate the cooked Italian Bean mixture in a serving bowl.
15) For dessert, serve the lemon sherbet sprinkled with chopped anisette cookies.