Italian Bean Soup
|Dry navy beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed and soaked overnight|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Macaroni||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, combine beans with water and boil the mixture; boil for about 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; cover and let it stand for at least 1 hour but do not drain.
3. Stir in 1-teaspoon salt and the remaining ingredients, except macaroni; cover and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Stir in macaroni and cook, uncovered for another 15 minutes.
5. Arrange the soup in individual serving bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.3 mg0.1%
Sodium 1834 mg76.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 120.3% Vitamin C 48.3%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet