Italian Bean Soup
|Dry navy beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed and soaked overnight|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Macaroni||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, combine beans with water and boil the mixture; boil for about 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; cover and let it stand for at least 1 hour but do not drain.
3. Stir in 1-teaspoon salt and the remaining ingredients, except macaroni; cover and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Stir in macaroni and cook, uncovered for another 15 minutes.
5. Arrange the soup in individual serving bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.