Bologna and Green Pepper Open Sandwich
|French bread loaf||1 , sliced into halves lengthwise (12 To 16 Inches Long)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Parsley leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained and finely chopped|
|Scallion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Bologna ham/Ham/ cold cuts||1⁄2 Pound (20 Slices)|
|Green peppers||2 Medium, cut into 1/2 inch strips|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly crushed|
1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and milk and mix well.
2. Place cream cheese mixture in a disposable piping bag/ pastry big which is fit with a 4 no size nozzle.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine mayonnaise with capers, parsley and scallion. Mix well.
4. Apply butter and mayonnaise mixture on both slices of bread.
5. Place buttered slices on a chopping board.
6. Make ¾ inch thick Bologna rolls using each slice.
7. On both slices of bread, place pepper strips and Bologna rolls alternatively.
8. Pipe out rosettes at the end of each bologna roll using the cream cheese mixture.
9. Sprinkle crushed pepper on top of the rosettes.
10. Refrigerate till service.
11. Cut each loaf slice into 6 equal pieces and place on a serving platter.
12. Serve with iced tea of your choice.
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 32.1 mg10.7%
Sodium 355.9 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 41.9%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet