Italian Vegetables with Grilled Steak
|Eggplant||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Green pepper||8 Ounce, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Yellow squash||4 Ounce, cut in 1/4 inch slices|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Large Clove)|
|Pizza sauce||14 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Jar / 1 Can)|
|Top round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (Cut 1 Inch Thick)|
1. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing or preheat oven to 450 F.
2. In foil pan combine all vegetables except garlic.
3. Alternately place the vegetables in the center of a 24-inch-long sheet of foil.
4. Using garlic press, press garlic into jar of pizza sauce, stir to blend and pour over vegetables.
5. Cover pan tightly with foil.
6. If using a 24-inch-long sheet of foil, bring the two short (18-inch) sides of the foil together so that they meet at one side of packet and fold down loosely in two or three 1/2-inch folds, allowing for heat circulation and expansion.
7. Roll ends up and over again and crimp to seal.
8. Grill foil pan, 6 inches above medium-low coals for 20 minutes or bake 20 to 25 minutes in oven, till vegetables are tender, stirring once.
9. In case using foil packet, grill, 4 inches above medium-hot coals for 10 minutes.
10. Turn packet and cook 10 to 15 minutes more until vegetables are tender.
11. To cook steak grill, 4 inches above medium-low coals for 10 minutes, turning once.
12. Alternately turn oven to broil, place steak on broiler pan and broil, 4 inches from heat for 10 minutes, turning once.
13. Remove steak to board and slice very thinly across the grain preferably.
14. Serve the steaks with vegetables.