Italian Bean Bake
|Red kidney beans||420 Gram, dried (1 packet)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Crumbled marjoram leaves||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Rinse the beans. In a large saucepan, add water and beans. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
3) Take the saucepan off the flame. Cover and let rest for about 60 minutes.
4) Into the same saucepan, add the onions. Let it boil before turning down the flame. Simmer for 1 hour.
5) Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the ground beef. Brown the beef on both sides. Add in the tomatoes, salt and marjoram. Cook on simmer for about 5 minutes.
6) Drain the beans and keep the liquid aside for later.
7) In a 10-cup casserole, add in the beans and ground beef mixture. Pour in 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid.
8) Cover and bake for 2 1/2 hours.
9) Remove the cover and bake for another 30 minutes or until the bakes become tender.
10) Sprinkle a little water on the surface, if the beans become too dry.
11) Garnish the Italian Bean Bake with chopped parsley leaves.