|Chicken pieces||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bottled spaghetti sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1. Rinse the chicken and pat on kitchen towels.
2. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
3. In a large casserole, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add the chicken and sautÃ© it until evenly browned.
5. Remove the chicken to a platter and keep aside.
6. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and herbs and salt to the oil and fry them till tender and golden.
7. Stir in the sauce and wine and add the olives.
8. Simmer for 10 minutes on a low flame.
9. Return the chicken to the sauce.
10. Cover and reduce heat.
11. Simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
12. Dish the chicken into a casserole.
13. Top with parmesan if you like.
14. Serve hot with rice, pasta or bread.