Polenta Triangles With Roasted Bell Peppers
|Purified water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground (polenta)|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese/Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated|
|For roasted bell pepper puree|
|Red bell peppers||1 1⁄2 Pound, seeded (3 large ones)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon (such as Tabasco)|
|Shallots||2 , peeled and roughly chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (plus additional)|
|Fresh basil sprigs||6|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F.
2) Cut sweet red peppers into big pieces.
3) To prepare the polenta boil water in a saucepan.
4) Gently add cornmeal in continuous stream stirring.
5) Mix salt to it.
6) Decrease the heat. Stir and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes.
7) Remove from heat, add basil and cheese.
8) Take a medium-size (approximately 9x7 inches) shallow casserole dish or pan and grease with olive oil.
9) Immediately pour the cornmeal spreading over the whole surface.
10) Keep t he polenta for 1 hour.
11) To prepare the Roasted Bell Pepper Puree, take an ovenproof casserole dish and smear little olive oil at the base of it.
12) Arrange the peppers at the bottom.
13) Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
14) Take off from oven and let cool.
15) Keep the oven on to bake the polenta.
16) In a food processor add the peppers and process until smooth.
17) Stir in remaining ingredients excluding a teaspoon of the remaining olive oil and process until smooth.
18) Scrape the dip into a serving bowl.
19) After the polenta has cooled, make two vertical lines through it, cutting it into three rectangles.
20) Cut from corner to corner of each rectangle to make an 'X'. Make 4 triangles within each of the 3 rectangles.
21) Grease a baking sheet with some olive oil and using a remove the 12 triangles.
22) Arrange them on the sheet leaving some space in between.
23) Place on the top rack in the oven for 15 minutes.
24) Spread 2 tablespoons of the Roasted Bell Pepper Puree on 6 serving plates.
25) Place 2 Polenta Triangles alongside.
26) Sprinkle chopped parsley and Parmesan over them.
27) Pass with basil sprig on the side.