Venison Goulash Piedmont
|Venison||2 Pound, cut in cubes|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Hearty burgundy||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Gallo)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1 , dissolved in 1 cup hot water|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 , cubed|
|Whole mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned|
|Tiny white onions||1 Can (10 oz)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) In a paper bag, shake the venison cubes in a mixture of flour, salt and paprika.
3) In a skillet, saute the cubes in hot butter, until golden brown.
4) Stir in the carrots and sliced onion, simmer until the onions just begins to turn brown.
5) Stir in the wine, bouillon, tomato paste and seasonings.
6) Bring the mixture to a boil and stir in the potatoes.
7) Bake covered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8) Stir in the mushrooms and white onions and bake for another 10 minutes.
9) Discard the bay leaf and skim off the surface fat.
10) Thicken with a little flour and water if the consistency is too thin.
11) Serve the Venison Goulash Piedmont, immediately over hot cooked noodles or use to prepare a Hunter's Pie.