Italian Tomato Sauce
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Canned italian plum tomatoes||32 Ounce, mashed (1 can)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1) In a saucepan heat oil, sautÃ© garlic and onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
2) Add tomatoes and tomato paste to the onion mixture.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, or until desired consistency.
4) Add basil and season with salt and pepper.
5) Add parsley.
6) Serve as desired. Can be used for pastas or pizzas.
If desired, force the sauce through a sieve before using.