|Beef shank crosscuts||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Canned cut green beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||15 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, thinly sliced to make 1 cup|
|Sliced polish sausage||4 Ounce|
|Fine noodles||2 Ounce (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Crushed dried basil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a saucepan, combine beef, onion, bay leaf, salt, pepper and water.
2. Cover and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or till meat is tender.
3. Remove beef; skim the fat from the broth.
4. When meat is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; cut up meat and discard the bones and return the meat to the broth.
5. Add green beans, garbanzo beans, un-drained tomatoes, carrots, sausage, noodles, parsley, garlic, and basil to soup; cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or till vegetables and noodles are tender.
6. Remove bay leaf; season to taste.
7. Arrange the meat and vegetables to a serving bowl and divide the broth among the soup bowls garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
8. Serve hot with garlic bread.