|Beef shank crosscuts||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Canned cut green beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||15 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, thinly sliced to make 1 cup|
|Sliced polish sausage||4 Ounce|
|Fine noodles||2 Ounce (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Crushed dried basil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a saucepan, combine beef, onion, bay leaf, salt, pepper and water.
2. Cover and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or till meat is tender.
3. Remove beef; skim the fat from the broth.
4. When meat is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; cut up meat and discard the bones and return the meat to the broth.
5. Add green beans, garbanzo beans, un-drained tomatoes, carrots, sausage, noodles, parsley, garlic, and basil to soup; cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or till vegetables and noodles are tender.
6. Remove bay leaf; season to taste.
7. Arrange the meat and vegetables to a serving bowl and divide the broth among the soup bowls garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
8. Serve hot with garlic bread.
Calories 970 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278.1 mg92.7%
Sodium 1707.6 mg71.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.5%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 131 g262%
Vitamin A 126.5% Vitamin C 128.1%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet