Italian Meat Balls and Tomato Sauce
|Minced beef||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and grated|
|Mixed dried herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcester sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use 1 Shake)|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cornflour||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||3⁄4 Pint|
1) In a bowl, mix the beef, breadcrumbs, onions, herbs, tomato puree, Worcester sauce, egg and seasoning together.
2) Shape the mixture into 18-20 balls.
3) On glass pan, place the balls and microwave on high for 5 minutes, turn over and microwave for another 3 minutes second side.
4) In a serving dish, remove the meat balls and keep aside.
5) In a bowl , microwave the butter, tomatoes, onion and oregano for 5 minutes.
6) Stir in the cornflour, then gradually stir in the beef/ chicken stock.
7) Allow to slightly cool and then blend in a liquidiser, until smooth.
8) Cook in the microwave for a further 2 minutes and pour over the meat balls.
9) Serve the Italian Meat Balls and Tomato Sauce, immediately with freshly cooked pasta.
Calories 469 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.4%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.6%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 156.4 mg52.1%
Sodium 289.7 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 28 g56.3%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet