Italian Sausage And Rice
|Italian sausage||1 Pound (Use Sweet, Hot, Or Half And Half)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms/1 can of 4 ounce sliced mushrooms, drained||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can Or 2 Cups)|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Made Using About 3/4 Cup Uncooked)|
|Chopped parsley sprigs||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated romano cheese/Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1) Slice the sausages.
2) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3) Lightly grease the casserole with 1 tablespoon of butter.
4) In a non-stick pan, lightly brown the sausage slices for 5 minutes.
5) Remove the sausages and most of the fat from the pan.
6) In the same pan with little fat, sautÃ© onions, garlic, green pepper
7) Stir in the tomatoes, ketchup, herbs, sugar and salt.
8) Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
9) In the casserole add the rice, sauce and sausage and stir well.
10) Cover the casserole and bake for 45 minutes.
11) Take out and let it stand, covered for 10 minutes.
12) Serve hot sprinkled with parsley and cheese.