|Fresh basil leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm), roughly chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||85 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Pine nuts||60 Milliliter, lightly toasted (1/4 Cup)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Freshly grated pecorino cheese||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Toasted bread crumbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Milliliter, For Food Processor Method)|
1) With a pestle and mortar, crush the basil, garlic, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil and a few pine nuts with a pinch of salt.
2) Add pine nuts and oil and grind further, until the mixture is smooth.
3) Blend in the cheeses and mix thoroughly.
4) In a food processor or blender, chop the basil, garlic, bread crumbs, pine nuts and cheeses thoroughly.
5) Gradually pour in the olive oil, blend well until the mixture has mayonnaise texture.
6) Serve the Pesto Genovese over any hot cooked pasta.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2416 Calories from Fat 1956
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 217 g333.2%
Saturated Fat 63.4 g316.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 272 mg90.7%
Sodium 5975.8 mg249%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 114 g228.8%
Vitamin A 116.9% Vitamin C 36%
Calcium 321.9% Iron 46.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet