|Fresh basil leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm), roughly chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||85 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Pine nuts||60 Milliliter, lightly toasted (1/4 Cup)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Freshly grated pecorino cheese||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Toasted bread crumbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Milliliter, For Food Processor Method)|
1) With a pestle and mortar, crush the basil, garlic, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil and a few pine nuts with a pinch of salt.
2) Add pine nuts and oil and grind further, until the mixture is smooth.
3) Blend in the cheeses and mix thoroughly.
4) In a food processor or blender, chop the basil, garlic, bread crumbs, pine nuts and cheeses thoroughly.
5) Gradually pour in the olive oil, blend well until the mixture has mayonnaise texture.
6) Serve the Pesto Genovese over any hot cooked pasta.