Linguine in White Clam Sauce
|Canned baby clams||10 Ounce (Or Bottled, In Brine, 300 Gram)|
|Milk||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Sliced button mushrooms||310 Milliliter (1 1/4 Cup)|
|Dry white wine||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Finely chopped fresh basil||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Finely chopped fresh oregano/1/4 teaspoon dried||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh linguine/2/3 pound dried||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Fresh basil sprigs||4 (To Garnish)|
1) In a bowl with the milk, drain and soak the clams for 1 to 1/2 hours. Then drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid.
2) In a large pot, gently saute the garlic and onion in the oil and butter, until soft.
3) Stir in the button mushrooms and saute for a few minutes.
4) Pour in the wine and cook over medium heat, until slightly reduced.
5) Stir in the herbs, clams and clam milk, then season with the salt and pepper to taste, cook until the is sauce is slightly thickened.
6) In a pan, cook the linguine in the boiling salted water, until tender. Drain and place on a warmed serving dish.
7) Pour over the sauce, garnish with the basil sprigs and serve the Linguine in White Clam Sauce immediately.
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81 mg27%
Sodium 791.9 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet