|Floury potatoes||2 Pound|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced cheese||6 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Scrub the skin of the potatoes and cook them in boiling salted water for about 30 minutes till tender.
2) Drain, peel the potatoes.
3) Press potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl.
4) Preheat the oven to 425°.
5) Sift the flour and baking powder together, add to the potatoes and mix in with a wooden spoon.
6) Beat in the eggs and seasoning.
7) On a plate, spread the mixture and chill for 2-3 hours till firm.
8) Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil, then reduce heat till simmering.
9) Put teaspoonfuls of the potato mixture into the water and cook for about 4 minutes or till they rise to the surface.
10) With a slotted spoon, remove the potato and keep hot while you cook the rest.
11) In an ovenproof dish, layer cooked dumplings with slices of cheese and butter and sprinkle Parmesan on top.
12) Brown in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
13) Sprinkle nutmeg over the potato gnocchi and serve as snack.
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.7 mg30.6%
Sodium 469.7 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 15 g29.3%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 34% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet