Low Fat Butterscotch Brownies
|Sifted cake flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts/Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Sieve in flour with salt and baking powder. Add oil and brown sugar and beat to a smooth mixture.
3. Cream egg with vanilla. Mix in nuts.
4. Fold egg mixture in flour mixture.
5. Grease an 8-inch square brownie pan, transfer the batter into it, and bake for 35 minutes or the teaser is inserted can be cleanly removed.
6. Cut into 16 squares and serve Butterscotch Brownies with hot tea.
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 118.8 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.6% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet