Linguine With Mushrooms
|Dried porcini mushrooms/Dried boletus mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Button mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced (large size)|
|Chopped fresh sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh linguine/2/3 pound dried linguine||1 Pound|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Add porcini mushrooms to ¾ cup of warm water and soak for 45 to 60 minutes. Drain the liquid, filter the mushrooms using muslin to discard the grit. Slice rehydrated mushrooms and keep aside.
2. Saute onion in half the butter until golden and soft. Add the filtered mushroom liquid and porcini and cook until liquid evaporates.
3. Mix in rest of the butter with herbs and button mushrooms, season generously, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook al dente. Drain pasta, add to the sauce and toss.
5. Divide Linguine with Mushroom equally among 6 serving plates, garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.