Main Dish Antipasto
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Herb vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chick peas/Kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Sweet red pepper||1|
|Green beans||1 , trimmed|
|Carrots||2 Large, julienned|
|Broccoli stalks||2 Large|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese cubes||8|
|Canned water packed tuna||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, rice-wine vinegar, herb vinegar, parsley, mustard, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
2) In a bowl, combine chickpeas or kidney beans, onions, garlic and 4 tablespoons of marinade.
3) Toss the mixture to coat well.
4) Cover and refrigerate until needed.
5) Broil the pepper 3 to 4 inch from the heat until charred from all sides.
6) Place it in bowl, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
7) Peel off the blackened skin and discard the seeds, cut the flesh in juliennes and set aside.
8) Drain the tuna oil and press out the excess liquid.
9) Cut the broccoli into florets, leaving 2 inches of stem intact.
10) Trim the woody ends of the asparagus with a vegetable peeler, remove the scales from the spears.
11) In a large steaming basket arrange beans in half and carrots in half.
12) Cover the basket steam over 1 inch of boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
13) Remove and rinse in cold water, drain, dry and set aside.
14) In the same basket, steam the mushrooms for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
15) Remove the mushrooms and dry.
16) In the same basket, steam broccoli for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
17) Rinse under cold water, pat dry, and set aside.
18) Steam the asparagus in the basket for 3 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
19) Run under cold water, pat dry, and set aside
20) When ready to serve, remove and discard the onion and garlic from the beans.
21) Toss the beans with their dressing, then drain and save the marinade.
22) Arrange the vegetables on a large serving platter in this order: broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, green beans, peppers, and asparagus.
23) Spoon the marinade from the beans over the vegetables.
24) Whisk the remaining marinade and drizzle over the platter.
25) Add the cheese, olives, and chickpeas or kidney beans.
26) Press and place the tuna on the platter in one piece.
27) Serve the antipasto at room temperature.