|Pumpkin||2 Pound, skin left on (1 kilogram)|
|Semolina||85 Milliliter (1/3 cup)|
|Potato flour||165 Milliliter (2/3 cup)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Pound (110 gram)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Dice pumpkin into pieces with the skins intact.
3) In a shallow baking dish, place the pumpkin pieces with the skin side up, pour in 1/4 cup water and bake in the preheated oven, until tender.
4) Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then discard the skin and mash the flesh or pass through a food mill to get 2 cups pulp.
5) In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, season with the salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste and work in the flours to make a soft dough. Knead the dough lightly, until elastic then allow to rest for 10 minutes.
6) Break into 3/4 inch pieces, roll quickly between fingers for a smoother surface, then press with a thumb against the curved back of a fork or grater to get the traditional gnocchi shape.
7) Dust the shapes, lightly with the potato flour and allow to rest for 10 to 12 minutes.
8) In a saucepan, cook the gnocchi in the butter over a medium heat until golden brown, keep warm.
9) In a pan witrh the boiling salted water, cook the gnocchi in batches, remove with a slotted spoon, when they rise to the surface.
10) Serve the Pumpkin Gnocchi in warm bowls, pour over the butter, sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve immediately with some extra Parmesan.