Low Fat Lady Fingers
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Using an aluminum foil, line a cookie sheet.
3. Beat egg whites with salt. Gradually, add powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, and beat until the mixture stiffens.
4. Beat egg yolks to thick mixture. Fold egg yolks and vanilla into egg whites.
5. Fold sifted flour into the mixture.
6. Transfer to a pastry tune with a plain tip and pipe onto the lined cookie sheet as 2-inch strips. Alternatively, using a spoon, add the batter onto cookie sheet as 2-inch strips, leaving ¾ inch gap between two strips.
7. Sprinkle granulated sugar atop the strips and bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
8. Serve Lady Fingers with ice cream or use to make desserts like Tiramisu.
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.5 mg30.8%
Sodium 88.3 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.4% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet