Low Fat Peach Meringue Surprise
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground almond||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned peach halves||6|
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt to form peaks, Beat in sugar to a stiff, but not dry, mixture.
3. Fold in ground almonds and almond extract.
4. On an oiled cookies sheet, arrange half of the meringue as 6 mounds. Keep each mound 2 inch from the other.
5. Place half a peach atop each of the mound and cover with rest of the meringue.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
7. With a spatula, take off from the pan and keep aside to cool.
8. Place each of the meringue on a small dessert plate, top with oodles of sweetened whipped cream and serve.