Italian Vegetables and Pasta
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, thinly sliced (1 Cup)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, sliced (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced separated into rings (1/2 Cup)|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed dried oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder/2 clove garlic, minced||1⁄4 Teaspoon, minced|
|Cooked pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Ziti, Rotelle Or Medium Shell Or Corkscrew Macaroni)|
|Fresh oregano sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
1. In a large (10-inch) skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
2. When oil is hot, add and sautÃ© the vegetables until they are tender but still crisp.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients except the pasta.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring until the cheese melts.
5. Let the sauce simmer, covered, on low heat, for 5 minutes. Stir once or twice.
6. Add cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
7. Heat through, stirring frequently.
8. Serve the Italian Vegetables and Pasta in bowls or in deep-dish plates.
9. Garnish with sprigs of oregano if you like.