Brains Milan Style
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Put the brains in a bowl of cold water with 1 tsp of the vinegar.
2) Soak for 15 minutes.
3) Drain the brains.
4) Holding them under running water, carefully pull away membranes and blood vessels.
5) In a saucepan, put the brains and cover with cold water.
6) Add the remaining vinegar, salt and bouquet garni.
7) Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
8) Leave to cool in the liquid.
9) Drain the brains and dry on paper towels.
10) Break into small pieces and coat with the flour.
11) Beat the egg.
12) Dip the brains into the egg, then coat with the bread crumbs.
13) In a skillet, melt the butter till foaming.
14) Add the brains and cook for 5 minutes till brown on all sides.
15) Garnish with sage leaves and serve with lemon wedges.