Italian Chicken and Pasta
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Fresh mushrooms||6 Ounce, sliced to make 2 cups|
|Onion||1 Large, diced to make 1 cup|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Fresh parsley/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Cooked linguine||4 Cup (64 tbs), hot (About 8 Ounces Dry)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, for garnish (Few Leaves)|
1. In a large skillet or casserole, heat half the oil over medium-high flame.
2. When hot but not smoking, add the chicken pieces to the skillet, and stir- fry for about 5 minutes until evenly browned and tender.
3. With a slotted spoon remove them onto a platter and keep aside.
4. Add more oil to the skillet and heat.
5. Add the onion and mushrooms and sautÃ© until soft and dry.
6. Blend the cornstarch into the tomato juice.
7. Add to the vegetables in the skillet and stir well.
8. Add basil and pepper and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
9. Return the cooked turkey strips to the pan and stir into the sauce.
10. Reduce heat, cover pan and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Finally stir in parsley when heated through.
12. Divide the hot cooked linguine equally among 4 pasta dishes
13. Ladle the chicken, vegetables, and sauce top.
14. Garnish with more parsley and basil if you like.