Linguine With Sweet Peppers
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||3 , thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the linguine until tender but do not overcook.
2. Drain and return the linguine in the pot.
3. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat oil and sautÃ© the onions and bay leaf for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the stock, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, basil, thyme, and oregano.
5. Simmer uncover and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the liquid has somewhat reduced.
6. Remove the bay leaf.
7. Add the linguine to the pan with the vegetables and toss to mix well.
8. Linguine With Sweet Peppers is best served warm as a side dish or complete meal.