|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried italian herb seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|French bread slices||4 , cut into ¾ -inch squares (Inch Thick Slices)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 300°C.
2) In a large skillet, melt the margarine/butter.
3) Once removed from heat, mix in the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder (and Italian herb seasoning, if desired) .
4) Now add in the cubes of French bread ensuring they are properly coated.
5) In a shallow baking pan, spread the bread cubes in a single layer.
6) Bake in the 300° oven for about 10 minutes (move around the cubes once or twice during baking).
7) Bake until the bread cubes are dry and crisp.
8) Allow the croutons to cool completely.
9) For storage, place them in a bowl/canister and cover bowl tightly/seal the canister (can be stored for up to 1 week).
10) Serve the croutons dry and crisp mixed in salad.