Classic Chicken Cacciatore
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Roasting chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, skinned and cut into 8 pieces (1 Whole)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned and chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , deseeded and cut into small strips|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan.
2. Fry the chicken pieces, a few at a time, until golden-brown. Place on a plate when fried.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and fry until golden.
4. Add the celery, tomatoes, pepper strips, parsley, basil, seasonings and sugar.
5. Pour in 14 cup of the wine. Heat until bubbling.
6. Add the chicken pieces and remaining wine.
7. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer 40 to 50 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add a little more wine or some chicken stock while cooking if needed to prevent drying out.