Cheesy Polenta Beef Casserole
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), freshly grated (Approximately)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped carrot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||19 Ounce, drained, chopped (1 Can, 540 Milliliter)|
|Canned tomatoes||19 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can, 540 Milliliter)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, combine water, cornmeal and 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) of the oil and microwave with cover at High for 9 to 11 minutes until water is absorbed, stirring twice.
2. To the mixture stir in 1 cup (250 milliliter) Parmesan, spread evenly in bottom of casserole and set aside.
3. In a dish of 8-cup (2 liter) measuring cup or casserole combine garlic, onion, carrot and celery and microwave covering with vented plastic wrap at High for 3 to 5 minutes until softened, stirring once.
4. Stir in beef and microwave with cover at High for about 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat and stirring once.
5. Drain off any fat and stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and hot pepper flakes.
6. Cover and microwave at High for 10 to 15 minutes until thickened slightly stirring partway through.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and spread over polenta.
8. Cover and microwave at High for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and a little Parmesan, garnish with radish sprouts (if using) and serve.