Chicken Verona Crepes
|For crepe batter|
|All-purpose flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Oil/Melted butter / margarine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For chicken verona filling|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce|
|Instant chicken bouillon||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, grated (1/4 Cups)|
|Grapes||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Canned white grapes/1 cup seedless grapes||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted (Unblanched)|
1. To make the batter, in a medium bowl, sift together flour and salt
2. Add the egg and butter to it and whisk with a wire whisk, adding milk, to make a smooth batter.
3. Let rest, covered, in the refrigerator until required.
4. Heat a lightly oiled 6-7 inch crepe pan or frying pan, preferably non-stick.
5. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan. They should bounce about.
6. Use a ladle or a measure cup to pour 1/4 cup batter in the center of the pan.
7. Quickly and swiftly swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly in a thin layer.
8. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned at the bottom and top surface is dry to touch.
9. Turn, using your hand, and cook the other side.
10. Remove onto a wax paper lined plate.
11. Continue to make remaining crepes and stack between wax paper, to cool.
12. To make the Chicken Verona filling, in a 2-quart saucepan, melt the butter.
13. Stir in flour and sautÃ© 1 minute.
14. Gradually add milk and sherry and whisk to make a smooth sauce.
15. Cook sauce for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thick.
16. Add instant bouillon, salt and cheese and stir until cheese melts.
17. Mix in the chicken and half the sour cream and heat through.
18. Turn off heat and stir in the grapes, almonds and half chopped parsley.
19. To assemble the crepes, spoon 1/4 cup of the filling down the center of each crepe.
20. Fold over the sides neatly.
21. Reheat in a pan using a little butter, until golden.
22. Slide onto a serving plate.
23. Dollop crepes with remaining soup cream and garnish parsley.
24. Serve Chicken Verona Crepes warm.