Easy Eggplant Parmigiana
|Eggplant||1 Pound, cut crosswise into 8 rounds, each about 3/4 inch thick (1 In Number)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon, divided (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oregano leaves||1 Dash|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. Wash and dry the eggplant.
2. Brush a single side of the eggplant slices with a 1/4 teaspoon oil
3. Place the slices on a nonstick baking sheet with the oiled side up and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper before baking
4. Bake a 400°F until browned. This will take about 10 minutes.
5. Turn the slices over and then bake again for an additional ten minutes till done
6. Decrease the oven temperature to 350°F
7. As the eggplant bakes, prepare a small skillet
8. Tip the oil into the skillet and then add the onions and the garlic
9. Cook the onions till they are soft and tender
10. In another shallow 1-quart casserole, spread out 3 tablespoons tomato sauce.
11. Place a few of the eggplant slices on the sauce so that they are in a pattern but overlapping each other.
12. Pour the rest of the sauce over the eggplant
13. Tip the onion mixture over the eggplant
14. Add the cheeses
15. Bake the eggplant Parmigiana until the cheese is melted. This will take about 25-30 minutes
16. Serve hot with pasta and a salad