Risotto Milanese Prepared With Lean Bacon
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Lean bacon rashers||4|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (6 Deciliter)|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound (100 Gram)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Pound (100 Gram)|
1. Using cold water, wash rice and drain thoroughly.
2. Trim bacon rashers and chop.
3. Peel onion and chop finely.
4. Trim and slice the mushrooms; keep aside.
5. In a saucepan, melt 1 ounce (25 grams) of butter.
6. Stir in bacon and onion; fry for a few minutes until the onion is soft but not brown.
7. Stir in the rice and mix well until the rice is well coated with butter and onions.
8. Stir in the hot stock.
9. Stir continuously and bring the mixture to a boil.
10. Then, reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes until the rice is quite tender and absorbs all the liquids; stir occasionally.
11. When the rice is almost cooked, prepare the mushrooms.
12. In a frying pan, quickly fry the mushrooms in the remaining butter.
13. Using a fork, fold the fried mushrooms into the cooked rice with half of the grated cheese.
14. Into a hot serving dish, place the risotto and garnish with remaining cheese.
15. Serve immediately with salad.