Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce
|Spaghetti||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|For the bolognese sauce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Minced beef||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Fresh tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste (Or Milled)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Stock||1⁄2 Pint (3 Deciliter)|
|Red wine||6 Fluid Ounce (Or 1 Wine Glass)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (As Needed For Garnishing)|
1. Peel onion and garlic; chop finely.
2. Scald, peel and half tomatoes.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat oil.
4. Stir in onion; cover and cook gently for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft but not brown.
5. Stir in the garlic and minced beef and brown quickly.
6. Add flour, salt, pepper, peeled tomatoes, tomato puree and mixed herbs into the meat mixture; stir well.
7. Stir in the stock and red wine; bring the mixture to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer gently for 40-45 minutes with occasional stirring.
9. If the sauce is too thick, a little more sock can be added to adjust consistency.
10. In a large pan of boiling salted water, add the spaghetti and boil without cover for about 10 minutes until the spaghetti is just tender.
11. Drain immediately.
12. In a saucepan, warm butter and toss spaghetti with two spoons until it is nicely coated and glazed.
13. Serve into a hot dish.
14. Ladle Bolognese sauce over the spaghetti and generously sprinkle grated cheese on top.