Linguine with Creamy Clam Sauce
|Clams||3 Ounce, drained, canned, chopped (reserve 1/2 cup clam juice)|
|Canned clams||3 Ounce, drained, chopped (reserve 1/2 cup clam juice)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry white table wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Linguine||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (Served Hot)|
1) In a blender container, process the clam juice and ricotta cheese together until smooth, keep aside.
2) In a 10 inch skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the oil over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened.
3) Stir in the ricotta cheese mixture and wine, simmer over a low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Stir in the clams, salt, basil and pepper and allow to simmer for another 1 minute, until the clams are thoroughly heated.
5) Spoon the clam sauce over a bed of hot linguine and serve immediately.