Rich Minestrone Soup
|Dried white beans||125 Milliliter|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||250 Milliliter, diced (1 Cup)|
|Carrots||250 Milliliter, diced (1 Cup)|
|Potatoes||250 Milliliter, diced (1 Cup)|
|Celery||80 Milliliter, thinly sliced (1/3 Cup)|
|Onions||30 Milliliter, finely chopped (2 Tablespoons)|
|Leeks||125 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Ripe tomatoes/Drained italian plum tomatoes||500 Milliliter, chopped (2 Cups)|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock /reserved vegetable water /combination||1 Liter|
|Kelp powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Brown rice||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Peas||250 Milliliter (1 Cup, Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large bowl soak beans overnight and cook until just tender.
2) In a large skillet or saucepan add oil. Add zucchini, carrots, potatoes, and celery.
3) SautÃ© for 2 to 3 minutes and keep aside.
4) In the same saucepan or skillet, steam-stir onions and leeks in a small amount of water for 5 minutes.
5) Mix tomatoes, vegetables, stock, bay leaf, kelp and parsley.
6) Boil the mixture over high heat.
7) Reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 20 minutes.
8) Take out bay leaf and add drained rice.
9) Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
10) Add peas during the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking.
11) To serve, garnish lightly with grated Parmesan cheese.