Classic Minestrone Soup
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Green cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Beef broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Canned white kidney beans||6 Ounce, drained|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Enriched small macaroni shells/Elbow macaroni||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), cooked|
|Macaroni shells/Elbow macaroni||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), cooked (Enriched, Small Sized Ones)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
1) Heat the oil in a 2 Â½ to 3-quart saucepan.
2) Add the onion, cabbage and garlic and cook over moderate heat for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
3) Add the tomatoes, broth, carrot, water and celery and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Add the basil, salt, beans, zucchini and pepper.
5) Gently simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes, till the vegetables are soft.
6) Add the macaroni and cook till the mixture is thoroughly heated.
7) Serve hot after sprinkling with cheese and parsley.