Grilled Tenderloin With Pomegranate Jus And Bell Pepper Polenta
|For the red bell pepper polenta:|
|Black peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Red bell peppers||4 , roasted, peeled and seeded|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pomegranate seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cleaned|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finely sliced|
|Hot paprika||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mignon steaks||32 Ounce (4 Fillets, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Ground black pepper||1|
|Veal stock/Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , peeled|
|Pomegranate juice/Unsweetened cranberry juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Minced shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , peeled, seeded and pulped|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finley sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12X16-inch pan of 1-inch height with parchment paper.
2) In a blender, puree the bell peppers with 1/2 cup of milk to form a smooth mixture.
3) In a saucepan, add 1 1/2 cups of milk, stock, salt, pepper and paprika and simmer on medium-high heat. Slowly, add in the cornmeal.
4) Add in the bell pepper puree and stir continously for about 20 minutes using a wooden spoon. The polenta is done when the spoon can stand up in the mixture.
5) Further, mix in corn, chives, 2 tablespoons of butter and mix till all are blended well.
6) Transfer the polenta into the parchment-lined baking dish. Smooth the top of the surface, wrap with a plastic cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until it sets.
7) Invert the pan onto a plate so that the polenta comes out of the mold. Keep in refrigerator until it is time to cook it.
8) In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter, add polenta and sear on high heat for 2 minutes on each side until brown. Drain the polenta on a paper towel and keep aside.
9) Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Grill on medium-high for about 6 minutes on each side for medium rare and 7 minutes for medium done.
10) Meanwhile, in a saucepan bring to boil stock, pomegranate juice, shallots, peppercorns, orange and lemon pulp on high heat. In about 15 minutes, the sauce starts to thicken. Strain the sauce into another saucepan.
11) Simmer the strained sauce on medium-high and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the butter just prior to serving and mix it in well.
12) Place the steaks on the centre of the plate and pour the sauce on and around it.
13) Sprinkle the steaks with pomegranate seeds and chives on top. Serve the bell pepper polenta with a sprinkling of cheese on the side.