Linguine with Chickpea Sauce
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Chopped sage leaves/1/4 teaspoon dried||4|
|Sage leaves||4 , chopped|
|Rosemary||1 Pinch (Fresh / Dried)|
|Hot pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned chickpeas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained, rinsed|
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook garlic, sage, rosemary and hot pepper flakes stirring for 1 minute.
2. Then stir in chicken stock and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chickpeas and cook 10 minutes.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente and drain.
5. In food processor, puree sauce.
6. Toss pasta with sauce and serve.
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.6 mg9.5%
Sodium 453.7 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 18 g36.7%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 7% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet