Linguine with Curried Seafood
|Chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Green apple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), unpeeled, diced|
|Chopped tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs), hot|
|35% whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Peeled and deveined shrimp||8 Ounce, cut in half|
1) Cook the linguine al dente in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter and saute onions, carrot, celery and garlic over medium flame until soft, about 10 minutes.
3) Turn down the flame, mix in flour and curry powder and stir continuously for about 3 minutes.
4) Add in the chicken stock, cover and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
5) Strain this sauce, squeezing out all the liquid from the vegetables. Set the strained sauce aside.
6) In a skillet, melt 1/3 cup butter, add in mushrooms and cook over medium flame for about 3 minutes. Mix in the shrimp and scallop and cook till they are just done.
7) Lastly, add in the strained sauce and stir well. Toss in the linguine.
8) Linguine with Curried Sauce is served sprinkled with grated cheese.