Rolled Veal Italian Loaf
|Veal||2 Pound, ground|
|White bread slice||4 , made|
|White bread slice||4 , made into crumbs|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, shredded|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the cheese and mushrooms.
3) On a 24 x 12-inch wax paper, shape the meat mixture into a 20 x 9-inch rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick.
4) Sprinkle the meat mixture evenly with the cheese, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
5) Top with the mushrooms and roll the meat in a jelly-roll fashion, starting from the narrow end, pinch open ends of the roll to seal.
6) Spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and place the loaf into the pan.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 55 - 60 minutes until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
8) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1060 Calories from Fat 486
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.2%
Saturated Fat 24 g120.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 499.3 mg166.4%
Sodium 1883.5 mg78.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 102 g203.1%
Vitamin A 28.7% Vitamin C 29.2%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet