Potato Mushroom Gnocchi
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Wild mushrooms||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil/1 teaspoon, dried basil||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Fresh rosemary/1/4 teaspoon dried||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, add potatoes and enough water to cover it. Boil until the potatoes are cooked. Drain, peel and mash the potaoes. Keep aside.
2) In a skillet, add oil and saute mushrooms, parsley, basil and mushrooms for 3 minutes on medium-high flame.
3) Add the mushroom mixture into the mashed potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add enough flour and knead into a smooth, non-sticky dough.
4) Divide the dough into four equal portions and shape each into a 1-inch roll and further cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
5) In a large pot of salted boiling water, drop in the pieces of dough. Cook for about 4 minutes until the gnocchi rise to the top. Remove them onto a plate using a slotted spoon.
6) Serve the potato mushroom gnocchi with any herbed dip.