1) Take a heavy pot pour the boiling water on it after placing it on heat.
2) Add the corn meal very slowly whisking it continuously in order to prevent the lumps forming.
3) Lower the flame after all the corn meal is added to the pot.
4) Keep stirring continuously for about 45 minutes so that the polenta cooks evenly.
5) Remove from heat once the mixture comes away from the sides and bottom of the pan cleanly.
6) Remove the pot from flame and add the butter and grated Parmesan cheese.
7) Serve after seasoning with salt and pepper.