|Frozen spinach/3/4 cup cooked fresh spinach, packed firmly into measuring cup, squeezed dry||10 Ounce, defrosted, squeezed dry|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Do Not Substitute Dry Leaf Basil)|
1. Place a skillet over medium heat and heat butter.
2. Add spinach and saute for 4-6 minutes until the moisture has evaporated.
3. Add the ricotta cheese, pepper and nutmeg and stir to mix.
4. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Cool the mixture to room temperature for about 10 minutes.
6. In the food processor, grate the Parmesan finely.
7. Add the spinach mixture, eggs, flour and basil leaves to the grated cheese.
8. Blend the mixture well so that the basil if finely chopped.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Put the mixture in a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
11. Boil a large pot of salted water.
12. For each gnocchi, make a ball of about 1 teaspoon of the spinach mixture.
13. Dust with flour and drop into boiling water, stirring once or twice to prevent sticking.
14. Simmer the gnocchi for 8-10 minutes.
15. Drain the gnocchi and serve hot.