|Frozen spinach/3/4 cup cooked fresh spinach, packed firmly into measuring cup, squeezed dry||10 Ounce, defrosted, squeezed dry|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Do Not Substitute Dry Leaf Basil)|
1. Place a skillet over medium heat and heat butter.
2. Add spinach and saute for 4-6 minutes until the moisture has evaporated.
3. Add the ricotta cheese, pepper and nutmeg and stir to mix.
4. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Cool the mixture to room temperature for about 10 minutes.
6. In the food processor, grate the Parmesan finely.
7. Add the spinach mixture, eggs, flour and basil leaves to the grated cheese.
8. Blend the mixture well so that the basil if finely chopped.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Put the mixture in a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
11. Boil a large pot of salted water.
12. For each gnocchi, make a ball of about 1 teaspoon of the spinach mixture.
13. Dust with flour and drop into boiling water, stirring once or twice to prevent sticking.
14. Simmer the gnocchi for 8-10 minutes.
15. Drain the gnocchi and serve hot.
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 553.4 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 19 g38.4%
Vitamin A 180% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 43.4% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet