Italian Pot Roast in the Microwave
|Chuck roast||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Italian seasoning||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. With a large fork, prick the roast all over on both sides.
2. Place the roast in a microwave friendly cooking bag or in a casserole dish.
3. Blend together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl then pour over the roast, turing the meat to coat well.
4. Tie bag loosely with string or piece of plastic and place in a baking dish, or cover the casserole with plastic wrap and prick with a knife to allow steam to escape.
5. Cook in the microwave oven at power 3 for 1 hour.
6. Turn over the roast.
7. Reseal or cover and return to the microwave oven.
8. Continue cooking for another hour, checking for doneness with a sharp tipped knife, during last 15 minutes of cooking, until meat is tender.
9. Allow the roast to rest in the bag or casserole for 10 minutes before serving.
10. Transfer the roast to a platter, pouring the sauce and juices over it.
11. Slice and serve the roast accompanied by rice, pasta or bread and vegetables or a salad if you like