Summer Italian Stuffed Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||4 , boned and skinned|
|Oil vinegar dressing||13 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup, Plus 1/3 Cup From Bottle)|
|Radicchio head||1 Small, torn into bite-size pieces|
|Watercress||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), cut into bite-size pieces (1 Small Bunch)|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes||2 , thinly sliced|
|Italian seasoned breadcrumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. With meat mallet or similar flattening utensil, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness place in large baking pan.
2. Into a bowl add 1/2 cup of the oil-vinegar dressing and turn the chicken to coat, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, toss radicchio, watercress and remaining 1/3 cup oil-vinegar dressing to mix.
4. On the platter arrange radicchio mixture and refrigerate.
5. Remove chicken from dressing, drain and cut each chicken breast half in half crosswise.
6. On each of 4 pieces of chicken place an even portion of basil and tomatoes, top each piece with remaining half of breast and using textured side of mallet, pound edges together to seal.
7. In shallow dish, beat water and egg and on wax paper, mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
8. Dip the chicken, one piece at a time, in egg mixture and then in breadcrumb mixture and in a large frypan, in oil heated to over medium-high temperature fry the chicken about 10 minutes or such that and fork can be inserted with ease.
9. To serve arrange chicken on radicchio mixture and garnish with tomato rosettes.